Chainsaw Three Questions Answered
1. How to set the correct depth gauge for a chainsaw?
The depth gauge setting determines the serration cut depth. If the depth is set too low, very little wood will be planed. If the depth gauge is set too high, the chainsaw teeth will cut too deep into the wood. This creates a sharper cut, resulting in strong vibrations. This also increases the risk of kickback and the chainsaw will be subject to unnecessary stress.
During normal wear, the depth gauge should be checked every 3-5 times the saw chain is sharpened, and more often during periods of excessive wear. Please use a depth gauge tool and a flat file to check and set the correct height. The depth gauges are stamped with the words "soft" and "hard" to indicate that they are suitable for softwoods (conifers) and frozen or hardwoods, respectively.
2. How often should an electric chain saw file the saw chain?
Even if you avoid cutting into objects that detract from the sharpness (rock, soil, etc.), the sharpness of a electric pruning chainsaw will suffer after a period of use. Then the saw chain becomes dull. If the saw chain cuts into a rock, the chain will not be usable and must be sharpened immediately. If you're using your chainsaw most of the day, you'll need to sharpen the chain with a file every time you refuel. It is easier to sharpen a little often than to wait a long time to file. You also get better sawing accuracy and work more efficiently.
3. How to buy a chainsaw?
Mobility is the biggest limitation. Chainsaws are always connected to an available power source. If that source is within 150 feet of your sawing project, you have a cordless electric chainsaw, or you have a bulky generator lying around. There is a considerable trade-off in cutting power compared to pneumatic chainsaws. This loss of power limits the user to cutting smaller trees and limbs and is not suitable for felling logs and felling large trees. You can't ask a chainsaw to do power jobs any more than you can ask a power saw to do well in jobs that require skill.
You'll have some good considerations when buying the electric version. As most gas operators are familiar with, it takes some preparation time to get a pneumatic saw up and running. The little electric is up and running in seconds, with a reliable start and stop slide of switches and triggers. The cost of purchasing electricity is much lower than the cost of gas burners and the cost of operation and maintenance. When pruning twigs in an urban landscape, electronics are often light-weight and comfortable.
Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8601 25mm Small Electric Pruning Shears for Trees
- SC-8602 30mm Li-ion Battery Cordless Pruning Shears
- SC-8603 28mm Battery Garden Pruning Shears
- SC-8604 28mm Battery Pruning Shears with Power Display
- SC-8605 40mm Battery Pruning Shears with Power Display & Progressive Cutting
- SC-8607 28mm Battery Powered Pruners
- SC-8608 32mm Rechargeable Pruning Shears with Extension Bar
- SC-8609 32mm 21V Electric Power Scissors
- SC-8610 28mm Electric Hand Pruner
- SC-3601 30mm Electric Pole Pruning Shears
- SC-3608 40mm Electric Pole Hand Pruning Shears
- SC-3602 Hand Held Electric Pruning Shears (Max. 45mm)
- SC-3604 Professional Electric Tree Pruning Shears (Max. 50mm)
- SC-7605 Telescopic Extension Pole for Rechargeable Pruning Shears
- SC-7608 Telescopic Extension Pole for Battery Pruning Shears
- SC-3632 Telescopic Extension Pole for Hand Held Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-3633 Telescopic Extension Pole for Heavy Duty Pruning Shears
- SC-8608C 32mm
- SC-8607 Pro 28mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8608 Pro 32mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8609 Pro 32mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8611 Pro 40mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8620 Pro 22mm Electric Pruning Shears
- Electric Chainsaw
- Electric Plant Tying Machine
- SC-8101 Plant Vine Tying Tool Machine
- SC-8102 Hand Tying Machine
- SC-8104 Tape Binder
- SC-8105 Blade-saving Tapetool
- SC-8106 Tapener Tying Tool
- SC-8107 Plant Tapener
- SC-8108 Plant Tying Machine
- SC-8801-1 Plant Tape Tool Consumable
- SC-8801-2 Garden Tape Tool Consumable
- SC-8801-3 Tapener Tape Consumable
- SC-8801-4 Tapener Gun Consumable
- SC-8901 Tapetool Staples
- Grafting Tool
Electric Tomato Pollinator
- 40V Li-Battery
- Battery Lawn Mower
- Cordless Chainsaw
- Cordless Leaf Blower
- Cordless String Trimmer
- Band Saw
- Battery Crimping Tool