Application of Fruit Tree Pruning Techniques in Street Tree Management
The avenue trees refer to the trees planted on both sides of roads and highways. They play an important role in urban and landscape greening. As a supporting facility for road functions, avenue trees are necessary, and they have an important role in improving road service quality, improving regional ecological environment, eliminating noise, purifying air, regulating microclimate, etc.
Principles of electric scissors for avenue trees
According to the species and habits of trees, different methods of electric pruning shears should be adopted. For example, for most conifers, the central leader is dominant, so it is necessary to control the occurrence of competing branches on the upper end of the center, and assist the center branch to grow faster. For some broad-leaved trees with weak terminal dominance, the top of the central leader should be cut short, and the strong buds at the cut should be cultivated to reestablish the dominance and replace the original central leader to grow upwards.
According to the branching characteristics, pruning should be focused on shortening strong lateral branches and avoiding forming double forks for species with central axis branching, and shortening the top of the central leader for species with co-axis branching, gradually promoting the upward growth of the main trunk. Pruning for young trees should focus on shaping, and pruning the main branches lightly to enlarge the crown and establish the shape quickly. Pruning for adult trees should focus on balancing the tree vigor, pruning the strong branches lightly to ease the vigor, and heavily pruning the weak trees to enhance their vigor.
According to the pruning reaction, different pruning measures should be taken for different shoots of the same species since their growth position, posture, trends are different, and different levels of trimming for rechargeable garden shears, and their reaction to pruning is also different.
The pruning degree should be based on the vigor of the tree; for vigorous trees, pruning should be light, while for aging trees, it should be moderate to promote the growth of new branches and gradually recover the vigor. Therefore, pruning should be based on the form and needs of the tree.
The timing for electric scissors of avenue trees
Pruning in different periods can have significant differences since trees have different nutrition and organ conditions at different stages. The pruning period can generally be divided into dormant period pruning (winter pruning) and growing season pruning (summer pruning).
Dormant period pruning
Winter (dormant period) is the main pruning period for deciduous tree species. Its task is mainly to adjust the layout and reasonable density of various backbone branches of the tree, including large main branches, side branches, and small side branches. Electric scissors can also reasonably deal with diseased and insect branches, excessive branches, crossing branches, and aging branches at both local and overall levels to achieve growth balance. In general, winter pruning is carried out by heavy pruning methods, such as thinning and shortening. Renewal pruning must be done during the dormant period. For tree species with poor cold resistance and easy to produce branch sprouts, it is better to conduct winter pruning in early spring to avoid the influence of cold wind. Deciduous trees are usually pruned before severe winter, while evergreen trees are pruned before the spring shoots start after severe winter. For tree species with serious sap flow or gum flow characteristics, the bleeding period should be avoided.
Growing season pruning
Also known as summer pruning, it is conducted from the budding of spring to the leaf fall of deciduous trees or before the branch stop of evergreen trees in late autumn. Its main purpose is to control the tree shape. Generally, light pruning methods such as removing buds, picking up central heads, and shortening branches are adopted.
Overall, through electric scissors of avenue trees, the spatial relationships between individuals and groups can be improved, and the utilization of energy can be optimized, and the balance between all parts and organs of the tree can be coordinated, which can achieve the effects of vigorous growth, full crown, and beautiful shape of trees.
Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8601 25mm Small Electric Pruning Shears for Trees
- SC-8602 30mm Li-ion Battery Cordless Pruning Shears
- SC-8603 28mm Battery Garden Pruning Shears
- SC-8604 28mm Battery Pruning Shears with Power Display
- SC-8605 40mm Battery Pruning Shears with Power Display & Progressive Cutting
- SC-8607 28mm Battery Powered Pruners
- SC-8608 32mm Rechargeable Pruning Shears with Extension Bar
- SC-8609 32mm 21V Electric Power Scissors
- SC-8610 28mm Electric Hand Pruner
- SC-3601 30mm Electric Pole Pruning Shears
- SC-3608 40mm Electric Pole Hand Pruning Shears
- SC-3602 Hand Held Electric Pruning Shears (Max. 45mm)
- SC-3604 Professional Electric Tree Pruning Shears (Max. 50mm)
- SC-7605 Telescopic Extension Pole for Rechargeable Pruning Shears
- SC-7608 Telescopic Extension Pole for Battery Pruning Shears
- SC-3632 Telescopic Extension Pole for Hand Held Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-3633 Telescopic Extension Pole for Heavy Duty Pruning Shears
- SC-8608C 32mm
- SC-8607 Pro 28mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8608 Pro 32mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8609 Pro 32mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8611 Pro 40mm Electric Pruning Shears
- SC-8620 Pro 22mm Electric Pruning Shears
- Electric Chainsaw
- Electric Plant Tying Machine
- SC-8101 Plant Vine Tying Tool Machine
- SC-8102 Hand Tying Machine
- SC-8104 Tape Binder
- SC-8105 Blade-saving Tapetool
- SC-8106 Tapener Tying Tool
- SC-8107 Plant Tapener
- SC-8108 Plant Tying Machine
- SC-8801-1 Plant Tape Tool Consumable
- SC-8801-2 Garden Tape Tool Consumable
- SC-8801-3 Tapener Tape Consumable
- SC-8801-4 Tapener Gun Consumable
- SC-8901 Tapetool Staples
- Grafting Tool
Electric Tomato Pollinator
- 40V Li-Battery
- Battery Lawn Mower
- Cordless Chainsaw
- Cordless Leaf Blower
- Cordless String Trimmer
- Band Saw
- Battery Crimping Tool